Buy Stuff From My Instagram Feed
I’m pretty crafty, in case you didn’t know it. Graphic design, photo compositing, photo collage, text art, and more. I’m producing some awesome fiber art this year, mostly in mixed media, and I’ve recently become entranced with yarnwork, and pulling handmade papers.
I’m also creating a line of upcycled denim goods, and some super custom handbags, purses, totes, and travel bags made from deadstock fabric and recycled hardware. Right now I have a few pieces for sale in my shop; keep your eye on my Instagram feed – I’m booked out on commission work through the end of summer 2024.
What is upcycled custom denim?
Upcycled thrifted denim goods are all about giving new life to pre-loved denim! It’s a sustainable and creative way to express yourself while reducing textile waste. Here’s what makes them so cool:
- Uniqueness: Each piece is one-of-a-kind, born from the unique qualities of the thrifted denim and the maker’s creativity. You won’t find anything mass-produced that looks quite the same.
- Sustainability: By using recycled materials, you’re reducing the environmental impact of the fashion industry. It’s a conscious choice that feels good and looks good too!
- Versatility: Denim is a surprisingly versatile fabric. It can be transformed into clothing, accessories, home decor, and even art! The possibilities are endless, depending on your skills and imagination.
What is deadstock fabric? Check out my Instagram feed for some cool ideas!
Deadstock fabric is a fascinating world within the textile industry, offering unique opportunities for fashion enthusiasts and environmentally conscious creators. Here’s the scoop:
Deadstock fabric refers to unused leftover materials from fashion houses and fabric mills. This can include high-quality designer fabrics, overproduced batches, or remnants from previous collections. Think of it as the textile industry’s “clearance rack”.
Why is it cool?
- Uniqueness: Deadstock fabrics are often limited quantities or one-of-a-kind, allowing you to create truly unique garments or projects. No more cookie-cutter looks!
- Quality: You can score high-quality materials at a fraction of the original price, sometimes even designer fabrics! It’s a treasure trove for budget-conscious creators.
- Sustainability: By giving new life to existing fabrics, you’re reducing textile waste and the environmental impact of fast fashion. It’s a conscious choice for the planet.
- Creativity: Deadstock fabrics come in various colors, textures, and prints, inspiring creative exploration and experimentation. It’s like an open invitation to unleash your inner fashion designer!
Things to keep in mind:
- Limited quantities: Once a deadstock fabric is gone, it’s gone! So if you find something you love, snag it quickly.
- Yardage: Deadstock fabrics often come in smaller quantities than commercially available fabrics, so plan your projects accordingly.
- Imperfections: Some deadstock fabrics might have minor imperfections or slight wear due to storage. Embrace them as part of the unique story of the fabric!
I love to stretch my creativity, and I’m always happy to talk about collaboration, commissions, you name it. So hit me up and let’s do it. If you have a complimentary skill set, that’s even better!